In this tutorial we’ll discuss the easiest way to create a direct link to the Google Drive file. I chose Google Drive because I can store there big files (there is no file size limit) where Drive starts you with 15 GB of free Google online storage.
When you create a direct link, you can click on that link and your browser start download immediately, with no boring sign-ins, waiting, redirections, etc. Follow these simple steps, and you are ready to roll.
1. Open Google Drive and sign in with your account: https://www.google.com/drive/
2. Upload a big file to it; I have uploaded a 3 GB file:
3. Right click the file that you want to share, and click on Share…
4. Click on Advanced:
5. Click on Change…
6. Click on On – Public on Web, and then click on Save
7. Select link to share and copy it:
8. Open this web service: https://sites.google.com/site/gdocs2direct/ and paste that link; click on Create Direct Link:
9. Copy that output link to whoever needs to download your file.
10. After download, you can change the permission back to private use. Enjoy 🙂
How to create a direct link to the Google Drive file
Easiest way to create a direct link to the Google Drive file. Google Drive can store big files (with no file size limit) onto 15 GB of free storage space.